For several years now, I’ve been helping Sellers avoid foreclosure by selling their home as a Short Sale. Homeowners in my home town of Coral Springs Florida have had me represent them in selling their home as a Short Sale, along with homeowners in Parkland, Coconut Creek, Margate, Plantation and other areas as this simply names a few towns.
I close Short Sales; I just don’t list Short Sales. When you’ve gotten to the point in which you need to get your home sold to avoid foreclosure, you need to make sure that you have somebody fighting for you as the art of negotiating Short Sales is not a walk in the park and whether or not you sell your home matters as the alternative is foreclosure; not an option. This is critical to know when you’ve made the decision to sell your home as a Short Sale here in Coral Springs and around South Florida. Experience matters, don’t take a risk on whether or not you experience a foreclosure.
Short Sales involves strategies and strategies that work can only come from experience. Two key points come to mind:
- You’ve got to know what you’re doing with a Short Sale in order to have success and
- You’ve got to have the desire to really want to help a homeowner avoid foreclosure as you’re going to get kicked around, a lot. Because when it’s all said and done, there’s nothing better than closing on a Short Sale as the Sellers will experience such relief in what you’ve done for them. I think that specializing in Short Sales has got to be the closest I’ll ever know of perhaps what a Doctor experiences in helping a patient with an illness.
So how do you know if the Realtor or Real Estate Agent has experience in closing Short Sales, remember the key is “closing” not just “listing”. Ask them this to get a feel of their rate of success.
- How many Short Sales have you closed?
- What is your closing ratio?
- Do you negotiate the Short Sale or do you have someone do it? If you don’t who does your negotiation and what is their rate of closing?
- Go over this list of questions that I prepared on another post and see how they answer; they better have the answers.
Mortgage Assistance Relief Services Disclosure
Keller Williams Partners Realty is not associated with the government and our services have not been approved by the government or your Lender. If you stop paying your mortgage you could lose your home and damage your credit. Your Lender may not agree to the change of your loan and/or a Short Sale.With a Short Sale, there are no guarantees offered and we cannot provide legal advice. Seek legal advice.