Do you want to buy a home in Boca Raton ? Or perhaps you’re looking to buy a home in Coral Springs, Boynton Beach or Deerfield Beach or Sunrise, or Tamarac or…, the list of cities go on and on… here in Southeast Florida – there are so many wonderful places to call home here!
Home ownership is very exciting! Currently through where we are at in 2021, mortgage rates continue to remain at historically low rates and it’s a great time to buy a home.
Preparation for home ownership is critical. Read through my pages and blog posts to uncover ways in which you can make sure the home buying process works out well for you.
What should you expect when the time has come to buy a home?
Getting Pre Approved
If you’re financing with a mortgage, you’ll want to get yourself Pre Approved for a mortgage. Getting pre-approved for a mortgage is always the first step towards home ownership. Read more here where I discuss exactly what goes on in the pre-approval process.
Home Buying Selection
The home buying opportunities are unlimited; from a traditional home sale to a distressed property sale of either a foreclosures or short sale in the market, we can certainly find the right home for you here in South Florida.
First Time Home Buying is an Exciting Time
I take pleasure in helping First Time Home Buyers find that perfect home to settle into and begin making new memories that will last a lifetime. Review below to prepare for homeownership.
Preparing for Homeownership
- Decide how much home you can afford. By being Pre Approved with a lender they can advise you of how much you can afford.
- Develop a wish-list of what you’d like your home to have. Then prioritize the features on your list.
- Select three or four neighborhoods you’d like to live in. Consider items such as schools, recreational facilities, area expansion plans, and safety.
- Determine if you have enough saved to cover your down payment and closing costs. Closing costs, including taxes, attorneys fees, and transfer fees average between 3 percent and 6 percent of the home price.
- Get your credit in order. Do not make any major purchases prior to purchasing your new home, such as a new car or new furniture. Wait for the new furniture until after you move in. Obtain a copy of your credit report.
- Determine how large a mortgage you can qualify for. Also explore different loans options and decide what’s best for you.
- Organize all the documentation a lender will need to Pre-approve you for a loan.
- Do research to determine if you qualify for any special mortgage or down payment assistance programs.
- Calculate the costs of homeownership, including property taxes, insurance, maintenance, and association fees, if applicable.
- Find a REALTOR who can help you through the process. Call/Text/Email Lynn now for home buying questions at 954-464-1100 and LynnP@ImagineYourHouse.com.
Read through my site to find many useful tips for home buying in my Real Estate articles for buying a home. You’ve come to the right place for homes for sale in Coral Springs, Boca Raton and Southeast Florida.
Happy Home Buying!
Look for homes to buy in Broward and Palm Beach counties of Southeast Florida
Interested in Buying a Home?
Please complete this form. Don’t worry, this information is just for you and me.